Volunteer Enquiry Form
At Foodbank Victoria we rely heavily upon our volunteers, without them we simply couldn’t do what we do. In the 2011-12 financial year, our volunteers helped us distribute the equivalent of 6,919,401
meals to the most vulnerable people in Victoria
We currently have a mixture of regular volunteers who commit at least one day per week to our organisation and corporate volunteer groups who visit us for just a day. Their support to our
organisation is immense and we are very grateful to have them as part of our family.
We are always in need of more assistance and would love for you to get involved by helping us out in a number of different areas.
All volunteers are given an induction and are provided with Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) training ahead of their volunteering shift.
For further information:
Ways you can help
- Rescue food and re-package it in to hampers and food parcels
- Picking and packing orders
In the office
- General administration
- Data entry
- Other specialist skills
- Excel spread sheet skills and knowledge
Donor Relations (Food rescue & acquisition)
- Contact and engage potential new donors and encourage to donate various food and non food products. For this position, you will require:
- good verbal and phone communication skills
- Sales or Retail experience in the Food Industry, but not exclusively
- be comfortable identifying new donors
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out our Online Enquiry Form & a member of Foodbank Victoria's Volunteer
Team will be in contact with you shortly to advise if we currently have volunteering opportunities available.